Responsibilities (under the direction of the Business Manager) :
- Conduct keyword research
- SEO copywriting and optimization
- Performing basic edits and maintenance to clients websites and our site
- Set up Google Analytics and AdWords accounts
- Set up Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Yandex accounts
- Set up maintain, and optimize Google My Business profiles
- Assist with creation and maintenance of company branding and marketing materials
- Assist with managing blog content and image sourcing
- Create and implement link building strategies
- Facilitate and participate in client production strategy meetings and liaise with project manager
- Assist with organizing and conducting client interviews and research where necessary along with following up
- Write and disseminate monthly reports for client accounts to show the effectiveness of the campaigns (will train)
- Optimize websites for SEO
- Define and measure SEO metrics and key performance indicators
- Fix SEO issues using Moz, SEMrush and other popular SEO tools
- Submit sites to search engines
- Take the company sponsored Advanced Marketing Program course and learn with the team!
- Participate in monthly and ad-hoc training as required
- Always stay updated with the latest SEO techniques and train the rest of the team
- Update CRM with client communications
- Update Project Management System with project tasks
- Liaise with subcontractors
- Updating and maintaining SEO documentation
- Keeping fully abreast of the latest trends and innovations in all areas of web development & how it relates to SEO
- Technical SEO implementation
- Local SEO implementation
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills; must be comfortable making decisions with management guidance.
- Google Analytics Certification
- Strong knowledge of SEO (including local SEO)
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms (ie. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Google tools (including analytics, tag manager and search console)
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Working knowledge of website architecture best practices
- Detailed oriented, conscientious about meeting expectations, within a matrixed organization.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit, with a willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ and work at all levels of the project and make things happen.
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication (both written and verbal) skills across all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks within tight time constraints and budgets.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of SEO, and general Digital Marketing
- HTML and CSS knowledge in order to implement technical aspects of SEO
Experience in the following is not required but would be a great asset:
- Project tracking software (ie. Redmine, JIRA…etc.)
- Working knowledge of mobile responsive web development
- Working knowledge of online email marketing best practices
- Video Production
- HTML 5
- Google Adwords Certified
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years of SEO experience
- Digital Marketing Certificate/Diploma or equivalent demonstrated interest.
Reporting to: Business Manger
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill out the following information to apply for this career opportunity. All applications are held in the strictest confidence.