Competitive Base Salary – Plus Benefits and Incentives – Full-Time Permanent Position
Do you have a passion for SEO?
You are committed to the advancement of your SEO skills through a managed process of innovation. You have a fantastic attitude, work ethic, and communication skills. You possess a strong desire to join a team environment. You understand the importance of developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients and co-workers and how this contributes to our mutual ongoing success.
We hire the best, pay the best, expect the best and deliver the best results for our clients! Are you ready to join a leader, take on a fantastic challenge and make a difference to our growing company? Do you want to hang your hat in a positive work environment, with a progressive, smart, talented and fun digital marketing team based in downtown Vancouver? If so, then this exciting opportunity may be for you!
There is lots of room for growth in our fast-paced start-up culture, (even though we are over 24 years old). The candidate will report directly to our Project Management Team and be able to grow in an ever-changing digital marketing space environment.
- Conduct keyword research
- Optimize websites for SEO
- Technical SEO implementation
- Local SEO implementation
- Fix SEO issues using Moz, SEMrush and other popular SEO tools
- Set up Google Analytics accounts
- Set up Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Yandex accounts
- Set up maintain, and optimize Google My Business and Bing Places profiles
- Define and measure SEO metrics and key performance indicators
- Create and implement link building strategies
- Negotiate backlinks. This task includes contacting other websites and companies and proposing a link exchange. Outreach has to be well-thought out in order to bring results
- Facilitate and participate in client production strategy meetings and liaise with the project manager
- Assist with organizing and conducting client interviews and research where necessary along with following up
- Create and disseminate monthly reports for client accounts to show the effectiveness of the campaigns
- Working closely with our content development team to produce SEO optimized content
- Producing optimized meta titles and descriptions
- Assist with managing blog topics to help improve SEO
- Submit sites to search engines
- Take the company-sponsored Advanced Marketing Program course and learn with the team!
- Participate in monthly and ad-hoc training as required
- Always stay updated with the latest SEO techniques and train the rest of the team
- Update CRM with client communications
- Update Project Management System with project tasks
- Liaise with subcontractors
- Updating and maintaining SEO documentation
- Keeping fully abreast of the latest trends and innovations in all areas of web development & how it relates to SEO
- Performing edits and maintenance to clients websites and our site
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-5 years SEO experience for a digital agency or multiple clients.
- Creative thinking skills and aptitude for new knowledge and best practices
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- Strong working knowledge of Google Docs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills. Able to communicate effectively and present well to clients
- Data analysis and problem-solving mindset
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and coordination skills
- Ability to work quickly and within tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work within firm deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely using platforms in Google, Microsoft and Zoom
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills; must be comfortable making decisions with management guidance.
- Google Analytics Certification
- Strong knowledge of SEO (including local SEO)
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms (ie. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Google tools (including analytics, tag manager, search console)
- Strong knowledge of website architecture best practices
- Detailed oriented, conscientious about meeting expectations, within a matrixed organization.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit, with a willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ and work at all levels of the project and make things happen.
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication (both written and verbal) skills across all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks within tight time constraints and budgets.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of SEO, and general Digital Marketing
- HTML and CSS knowledge in order to implement technical aspects of SEO
Experience in the following is not required but would be a great asset:
- Project tracking software (ie. Trello, JIRA…etc.)
- Working knowledge of mobile responsive web development
- Working knowledge of online email marketing best practices
- Shopify (liquid)
- Google Adwords Certified
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
- A generous compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and paid personal days.
- Work Remotely.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill out the following information to apply for this career opportunity. All applications are held in the strictest confidence.