27 Jul What Certificates Should a Digital Marketing Agency Have Before You Sign on With Them?
Hiring a digital marketing agency can be a difficult task, especially when there are so many companies to choose from.
With so many digital marketing agencies to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your company?
You first want to determine what aspect of digital marketing you need help with. For example, do you need help with SEO, Pay Per Click ads, social media or website development, etc?
Determining what type of services you need will help determine what to look for in a digital marketing agency.
Certificates show that employees of the company have specialized training and knowledge in that topic. It shows credibility and you can be at ease knowing that the company is up-to-date with current digital marketing knowledge and skills because certifications usually expire after a year.
Certifications often go further than generalized marketing courses and they teach people exactly what they need to know—making them specialist in that topic or field.
Before you sign on with an agency, you want to make sure they have at least one of these certificates:
- Google Partners Certification: includes Google Analytics, Google Mobile Sites and Google AdWords certification. Google is the biggest search engine, so it is important for anyone who is working in digital marketing to be skilled in using Google tools to set up, measure, manage and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Blueprint advertising: this certificate recognizes advanced-level proficiency with Facebook’s products and services to help organizations reach their target audience and drive awareness.
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification: content marketing is core part of an effective digital marketing strategy.
- Hootsuite Social Media Marketing Certification: Hootsuite’s certification provides social media marketing training that range from intro to advanced social media.
- YouTube Certification: YouTube is the second largest search engine and, in a time where video has become a preferred content medium, having a well-defined video content strategy is important.
Other things to consider:
- Look at their core strengths and determine if it aligns with what you are looking for.
- Look at their experience- agencies should have relevant experience in the industry.
What Does Being a Google Partner Mean?
The Google Partners badge means that a company or agency has passed the Google Ads product certification and are up to date with the latest product knowledge.
Google Partner’s specialize in:
- Search Advertising – Partners can help you create and optimize ads that show up on Google Search as well as advice on budget planning and keyword strategy.
- Mobile Advertising – Partners can help connect with potential customers on mobile devices through video, text, and image ads.
- Video Advertising– Partners can help optimize and implement video ad campaigns on YouTube.
- Display Advertising – Partner can help you create compelling visual ads that reach potential customers on over two million websites and 650,000 apps.
- Shopping advertising – Partners will help you place your product on Google Search, set up your inventory and create Google Shopping campaigns.
Agencies and companies that have Google Partners have:
- Passed AdWords certification
- Met the spend requirement across their managed accounts
- Demonstrated their performance by delivering strong company and client growth
Only companies and agencies that have credibility and experience hold the Google Partner status. The Google Partner status also means that companies follow Google Advertising best practices.
Think Profits is a Google Partner Digital Marketing agency with 20 years of experience. The team at Think Profits has proven experience to get you results if you want more leads, better search results, a brand new look or a more dynamic website.